My Photo
Name:
Location: Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia

I like eating, I like procrastinating, I don't like making my bed, Or when birds poop on my head. I like listenning to Tong Hua, But not as much as I like DOTA, Sometimes I might be melancholic and not funny, But most of the time I am not grumpy =)

Saturday, May 26, 2007

More complains (part II)

Oh boy! My stomach’s bloating from the BBQ chicken and sausages that I had during our picnic. I don’t reckon having that much food though. Just a whole chicken leg and a thigh, 3 sausages, some pasta and kimchi, 6 glasses of lemonade mixed with ginger ale and 2 popsicles. No wonder I feel gross right now. Feels like the food in my stomach is heading towards the other direction O____o Nonetheless, the food was really good, especially the BBQ chicken. Joe Jdsn certainly has a very easy way to prepare those BBQ chicken and they actually taste pretty good too. I think it’s all in the Baby Ray BBQ sauce. It’s not too strong and somewhat sweet, making you crave for more.

Aside from the food, we watched the movie outside the backyard. It was my second experience watching an outdoor movie with the thrills of sitting on fresh lawn, feeling the cool night breeze and being accompanied by little annoying bugs trying to dig out some of our blood for supper. While many people found the movie inspiring, I saw it as unreal. The movie, Facing the Giants portrays the faith of a football coach, Grant Taylor has in God in overcoming all the obstacles in his life. He was on the verge of losing everything – his car, his job, his fertility – but he trusted in God and continued to praise God for the trials and tribulations in his life. Not long after, the table was turned around. His football team began to show tremendous progress, from being a team who had never get into the playoffs to defeating the defending state champion (*yea right*); his students, out of gratitude, bought him a new truck; and his wife suddenly conceived a child even after the doctor told him that he was sterile. I guess what everyone else saw in this movie was to put all you’ve got in God and He will continue to bless you but I didn’t think so.
Perhaps I’m still bitter from what I’d been facing the last few weeks. I found myself hopeless in many situations similar to Coach Taylor yet we had different outcomes. While his team continues to improved, my experiment results were getting worse and worse. I couldn’t even perform Cysteine mutagenesis correctly. But maybe there’s a take home lesson from the movie – always have faith in God. During his weakest moment, with all human resources being stripped away from him, coach Taylor gave his all to God and trusted that God will show him his path. I guess that I haven’t had enough faith in God to lead me to wherever His plans are for me. I think it’s time that I stop complaining and do something about my life and my faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home