My Photo
Name:
Location: Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia

I like eating, I like procrastinating, I don't like making my bed, Or when birds poop on my head. I like listenning to Tong Hua, But not as much as I like DOTA, Sometimes I might be melancholic and not funny, But most of the time I am not grumpy =)

Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Mysterious Suitemate

This is a bad news... I've moved into my new room for 2 days and I haven't met my roomate once. I knew that he has moved in because his utensils and food are all over the pantries while his toiletries are already arranged neatly in the bathroom. The funny thing was when I first moved into my new room, I thought that I got into the wrong room. Why? Let's say that the housing management told me that my suitemate is a guy; however, the stuffs in the kitchen and bathroom are something which I believe most girls will have (I might be a little bit sexist here, but seeing "Extra Virgin Olive Oil" on the food rack, fragrant candle in the bathroom and "Spinach Lover" in the refridgerator really threw me off, and I thought that I got into the wrong room since it was obviously a girl's suite). That was until I heard his voice in the kitchen with his friends: then I knew that he was a dude.

Yeap, but I still haven't bumped into him, let alone making a formal introduction. It's not that I am trying to be arrogant (or lan si), but the fact that he didn't come into my room to introduce himself the night I moved in (I knew he was in his room watching the TV) tells me that he would not appreciate any introductions. But Dan told me this morning that I should at least have a few words with him, since he's going to be my suitemate for the summer. I guess he is right. After all, it will really be awkward for me to share the same kitchen and bathroom with a guy that I have never talked to. I mean, somehow we got to coordinate between us about emptying the trash can or replacing the toilet papers. I guess that I should start thinking of an ice breaker to be said later today, instead of just saying "Hi, my name is Sher Mern and I am very pleased to meet you. I am glad that you are going to be my suitemate, and by the way, can I use your microwave oven?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home