My Photo
Name:
Location: Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia

I like eating, I like procrastinating, I don't like making my bed, Or when birds poop on my head. I like listenning to Tong Hua, But not as much as I like DOTA, Sometimes I might be melancholic and not funny, But most of the time I am not grumpy =)

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Heavy rain on July 4th :(

Wow! It's amazing how another week just slipped away so fast. And before I realized it, there's only like about 8 weeks left for the summer break. I have to make up my mind fast if I want to spend the last 2 weeks making money by working in the lab or go to Chicago to visit Ting Ann (sort of rewarding myself with a nice vacation, but in the expense of the traveling cost and 2 weeks' pay opportunity cost).

My body is still sore from the intensive outdoor activities these few days. On Saturday, the ABSK and I made a trip to Cannobie Lake Park (something like a mini-family version of Six Flags) and I actually had about 12 rides in total, which is pretty amazing, although some rides are disappointingly short. Nevertheless, that was the longest time I've ever spent in a theme park (like about 10 hours in total). Perhaps the funniest moment that I had during the trip was that on the Pirata (some kind of ride with a boat swingingin in a pendulum motion), this woman sitting across me was screaming her lungs out and her face was distorted so much so that I laughed througout the ride (kind of mean, but I couldn't help it). Other than that, things were pretty decent, although the fireworks were quite good.

Meanwhile, on Sunday, we had an intensive volleyball training to compensate for the last 2 weeks of practices that we missed. I actually managed to summon up my courage to go for the ball instead of standing there and expecting others to save the ball. I'm glad that I am not the "hole" that I was used to be anymore. Perhaps it was because that there were not that many competitive players in my team that put me more at ease, which kind of told me that it was alright if I screw up a little, which I did. Anyway, I had fun playing, although I wished that I didn't have to play that many matches in a day.

Monday was pretty boring and I won't go into it. So, while we were having our usual ABSK picnic on July 4th at Arsenal Park, there was terrible downpour and we had to stop our volleyball tournaments and packed up immediately. As soon as everyone reached their respective transports, most of us were drenched. The rain was so sudden, and worse of all, it stopped an hour later, when we had left for our homes. Actually, I think that we were kind of lucky that it just rained here because there was a hailstorm in Wrentham, which is near to Boston (yeap, that is the crazy weather of Massachusetts). I couldn't imagine how everyone would react if a huge chunk of ice fall onto us while we were still playing volleyball: would we start packing up, or would we just stand there in disbelief watching as the hail hit on us. And having a hailstorm would be pretty bad because it would be really hard to drive on the road back to our home with the ice falling down. So, basically we spent our whole day hanging out at Joe Jdsn's home watching the World Cup semifinal (those 2 darn last 3 minutes goals). And now, I'm back in my room trying to cram everything that happened last week into this blog while watching the beautiful fireworks from Cambridge through my windows. It was pretty good (even from afar), and this is because Boston's fireworks is ranked in the top 3 in the US. So, I guess that I can watch the fireworks from my favorite spot: in front of my laptop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home